Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Belated vacation update

Here's the update I promised you 3 days ago. :)

*Pittsburgh Zoo*
We have very few chipmunks in OK, so when I saw a wild one at the Pittsburgh Zoo, I took his pic.

Mike and me and some fish

Octopus!

Shark.

Most times, you'll see the signs that say "you must be TALLER than this to ride....;" its not often I see one that says shorter than, and the fact that I'm taller than it is a confidence booster (sorry the pic is so big-iPhoto wasn't cooperating, so I had to upload it elsewhere).


 *Elizabethtown*

I'm not sure where this farm was, but it is an example of one of the many beautiful farms in PA, and one of the reasons I want to move back.

My childhood best friend Sarah and I were goofing off for the camera. :)
I lived in the town of Berwick, PA, before we moved to Oklahoma. The whole point of our vacation was to go back to Berwick and reminisce/look around.
This is the house we lived in. The yellow shutters weren't there before; my bedroom was the top window over the front of the house.

This was my grandpa's house. I thought he had built it, but my mom corrected me. Apparently this house was a station on the underground railroad, and my grandpa remodeled it. That fence is new. It has 3 floors, an attic, and a basement. I wanted to look inside, but didn't want to be a creepy random person lol.
Sarah's parents still live in Berwick. This is me, Sarah's mom Debbie, her sister Steph, and brother Scott. The dog Scooter is in the front.
Finally, on the way home we saw a very entertaining truck bumper.

I'll do a separate post for my knitting projects from the trip.

No comments: