Thursday, June 25, 2009

Talk about being a follower

I've fallen in love with the Girasole by Jared Flood (his blog is brooklyn knits-link to post). Wendy has done it, and I have several friends planning it or doing it. Most of the projects on ravelry are done either in fingering weight yarn (for a shawl) or in worsted (for a blanket). I want something in-between, so I've thought of finding a nice DK weight yarn to use. If I do use worsted, it will likely be Cascade Eco wool, and if I use fingering, it will probably be Tempted (she's also doing a girasole). I don't like shawls though. However, one of the knitting gurus at the LYS is doing it in fingering weight, and I really liked it. I'd mentally envisioned this blanket as being a future baby blanket, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Lol, I just bought the pattern, so I may be in a bit of trouble if I find the perfect yarn any time soon.

No comments: