Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Acquisition

I'm still working on the Ravelympics sweater. I followed the directions: I tied a yarn every 2 inches, I followed the conventional rule of 3 stitches per 4 rows, I picked up with a smaller needle, and what do I get? 404 sts. I should have ~524. So let's not go there today. I may take out all of the stitches I picked up tonight, or I may not. But let's not talk about the sweater right now, mkay? I'm seriously contemplating just sitting here in my chair, petting my new yarn purchase and drooling. What's that, a new yarn acquisition, you say? My friends, my Wollmeise cherry has been officially popped, and it.feels.great.


You just knew it would be blue, right? If you didn't know that right off, then you don't know me at all. Of course it's blue. Kornblume is such a lovely shade of blue that I don't want to put it down. I may not ever knit with it. What's so special about WM, you ask? You know, I'm not really sure. Beyond that fact that the colors are amazing and that it sells out instantly, it could just be any other yarn. But it's soft, and beautiful, and lovely.

And it is allllll mine.


PS: Did you see what the yarn harlot knit for the knitting olympics? A-freaking-mazing. Go look. Now.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

That sweater is amazing!

And your yarn is gorgeous.

Dragon said...

Oooooh, I want to pet your yarn! It looks super soft :) It's beautiful. I'm uber jealous but I'm not worthy of such a yarn.

Holy Sweater! Did she do anything besides knit for two weeks? LOL that sweater is awesome.


(You'll get your sweater done too! I know you will!)

Rose-Marie said...

I love the color of your yarn :D