Sunday, February 7, 2010

My official excuse: I've been busy

I've been really busy lately (work=ick), so that's my official excuse for not blogging as frequently as I should. To make up for it, I bring you some progress pictures and some yarn p0rn.

My childhood best friend's birthday is coming up in late March, and she loves LOTR. I decided to make her a pair of Aragorn socks (rav link) using Tempted's Good Grrl in Passion Fruit.

Here's an updated picture of my Mystic Light Shawl. I'm into chart 2 I think. It's been at least 2 weeks since I've knit on it, so I'm not sure where I'm at.

My central park hoodie is closer to being finished. I finished the second button band today, and I still need to seam the sleeves on, find some buttons, sew them on, and crochet quick button loops on the button band. Then I'll be done. Sandy, if you're reading this, be happy.


Now for the yarn pictures. I'm doing the Blackberry Cabled Cardigan (rav link) for the Ravelympics (which starts Friday, btw), and I'm using Knitpicks Swish DK in Garnet Heather.


Shhh, DH doesn't know about this particular purchase. I bought my yarn for Stilwell. It is Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed. The blue will be the main color and the white will be the contrasting color. The pattern for Stilwell won't be available until April 2010, so it won't be started for a while.

Finally, Tempted did a special dye job for a Myrtle Cardigan KAL (rav link). Here's my yarn! It's good grrl in an unnamed color (I'll update if she gives me a name for it).


I've got tons to do this week. I haven't swatched for my Ravelympics project yet, so that's a must do. I'm normally awful about gauge swatches, but this time I'll only have 17 days to finish it. Confession: I don't think I'll be successful. I'll still give it a good amount of effort though. All other projects will stop from Feb. 12 to Feb 28.

Since the ravelympics start on Friday and I'm the captain of Team Sprout, I imagine there will be quite a few questions. I wonder if I'll actually be able to cast on at the cast on party on Friday night.

I also need to finish the CPH (maybe not buttons, but I'll at least seam the arms on), make progress on the 3 pairs of socks I have OTN, and knock out a few rows of the mystic light shawl. Oh, and I suppose I'll go to work too. Lol.

No comments: