Sunday, February 22, 2009

I got cable

Last week, I got cable. We were concerned that we would lose all source of entertainment with the digital switchover (that didn't happen btw), so we got cable. I already have a few favorite channels: TLC (all those darn baby shows), Animal Planet (all those darn cute animals), MSNBC (I love lockup and cops), etc etc. Wanna know what my favorite channel is? TV land. It makes me all nostalgic. When I was a kid at my nana's house, I would watch TV land. I loved the Andy Griffith Show, I Dream of Genie, and Mr, Ed. I'm not sure if these shows were on TV land or on regular TV, but I love these too: Little House on the Prairie, Murder She Wrote, and Matlock. Oh, and Inspector Gadget! I would sit on my couch with my grandpa and watch it. He was a doctor, but he always took time out of his busy schedule to watch that show with me every day. Sigh, I miss those days.

2 comments:

Bexie said...

Oh man, you succombed to the Man! Haha. We are still sticking with our air waves. We actually get some cool channels. But yes, we're one of "those people" who still hasn't bought the converter for our old tv! We already have it for our new one. Actually, I know it's just a matter of time until we get cable too, but I'm resisting as long as possible!

Elaine said...

I lurve my cable! But I grew up in a house that always had cable.

I love TLC, but I also love The Food Network and BBCAmerica.