Friday, February 27, 2009

Aright, I'm in a better mood now.

Doing an experiment and having it work will usually improve one's mood. I repeated  yesterday's experiment with real samples, and it worked. I did samples that had been done previously to see if I got the same results. The results are identical, even with a kit that's been expired for 4 months. Go me!

Oh, and FYI: Yesterday, my protocol said I had to use sodium hypochlorite in a vacuum flask to dispose of the waste. I looked through all of the chemicals in the lab, and didn't find it. I was worried that I might not be able to do my experiment because I couldn't properly dispose of the waste. After searching the websites of chemical companies, I was only getting more confused. One of my nice co-workers decided to use wikipedia to find synonyms for the name. Wanna know what it is? Bleach. Sodium hypochlorite=bleach. I lol'd at myself.