Anyway, today was a good day. I started an experiment that a former lab manager had screwed up royally over the summer. I was only allowed to do a test strip because a) the kits expired in Oct and b) the bosses wanted me to prove that I am capable. The control strip worked beautifully and now I have to design an experiment repeating samples done when the lab was in MN to see if I get the same results. I'm happy to be working at the bench again, but I'm wary of the asshat. He told me that I did a really good job today, but he's known to flip-flop on that attitude quickly and almost without warning. So, we'll see how long I stay in his favor this time.
On the knitting front, I finished the bumblebee hat, and its the right size.