Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I always said I would never knit a shawl...

...and then I started the girasole. It took me 4 months and 1 day start-to-finish, although I did stop knitting on it for about a month and a half or so while I waited for more yarn (never start a large project without enough yarn btw).

Tempted graciously dyed more yarn for me, and she tried her best to match the original yarn, but it wasn't quite right. We had decided that I would knit the shawl and then overdye it to make the color uniform.


I kinda like the color as is. I'll let other people look at it before I make a final decision, but that spiraling is freaking awesome.

So much for not making shawls-now I have to decide if I want to make the mystic light shawl or the stacy shawl next.

3 comments:

Allison said...

LOVE IT!

Dragon said...

That looks AWESOME! I love the way the color spirals! I wouldn't change it a bit :D

Anonymous said...

that's pretty! :0)