Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm very excited

About making this:
with this:


The pattern is here and the yarn is here. I got the pics from those sites too. I'm excited and scared all at the same time! I had to have my wonderful aunt translate the pattern from German to English, and its a lace pattern and I knit with 3 strands of the malabrigo held together. If nothing else, this skirt will be a good knitting challenge and will help me become a better knitter (assuming it doesn't drive me crazy). :) I'm watching the mail for the package of yarn!


4 comments:

GnomeSweetGnome said...

Awesome, keep us updated with pictures! How is that leaf scarf coming?

biomaj5 said...

I've gotten through 2 of the lace repeats, so its about 4 inches long now. I can PIP it when I get home if you'd like. I probably won't be finished with it for a while though because I have to concentrate. That'll probably happen with this skirt too. I'm not good enough yet to knit lace and do other things lol.

Bexie said...

Wow, that looks really hard! Good luck, I'm sure you can do it! Then you'll have to show it off for BPF!

Elaine said...

I really like that skirt! It's so cute!