Thursday, November 27, 2008

We have arrived in New Mexico!

We left OKC at 4:30pm today on our honeymoon trip to the Grand Canyon (nine months after the wedding haha). It got dark pretty quickly, so my photo opportunities were limited. Here is the sunset, somewhere in Western Oklahoma:


I got incredibly excited (due to a mountain dew overdose) when I saw wind generators (still in OK), so I took some pictures of those too:


It was dark by the time we got to Amarillo, so I don't have any pics of Texas or New Mexico right now. We decided to stay overnight in Tucumcari, New Mexico. The only problem we've had on the trip so far is an inability to find ethanol-free gas. My car doesn't really like the gas with EtOH in it, so we avoid it. We had to fill up the blended gas in Amarillo though or risk running out.

I thought our general plan was to switch off driving. Mike drove the entire way here, while I texted and messaged a friend on yahoo messanger (when I had service). One of the radio stations in OKC is giving away an all-expenses-paid trip to watch the OKC Thunder play the Spurs in San Antonio on Dec. 14. You win by texting "thunder" to their number, and whoever texts the most wins. I counted them, and from 4:30 to about 7 I sent over 600 texts to them. Thank god for unlimited messaging! Maybe I'll win.

I'm off to bed now. I will definitely update tomorrow. There should be a boatload of pictures since I'm a camera whore and it'll be daylight. We should get to Williams, AZ, around 4 or 5pm, depending on when we can get out of bed. It's supposed to snow there tonight!!

No comments: