Monday, January 5, 2009

Not too bad so far

Despite my blahness last night (which I think can be directly attributed to a very busy weekend that included 10+ hours of driving time), 2009 seems to be shaping up to be fairly decent so far. Granted, it is only the 5th, and therefore Murphy's law could still attack lol. I've reconnected with a family member, and that makes me happy. I must have contracted the knitting disease startitis because I've started 4 scarves in the past week (none finished and one was aggressively frogged). I've made very good progress on my knitted hoodie (Central Park Hoodie pattern); I might post some pics tonight when I get home. I'm almost through with the back part. Not bad for only being a knitter for 2 months, huh? I must have a crafty gene lol.

DH has his national registry EMT-basic test tomorrow. He's taken several practice tests and quizzes, and has done fairly well on them. I know he can pass that test, its just a matter of him figuring out how to deal with test anxiety. I think he said he'll get his results within 2 days of taking the test, so I should know by Thursday if I am married to an EMT. He ultimately wants to work in an ER rather than in an ambulance, so he technically only has 1 more semester of classes to meet the ER qualifications of being an EMT-Intermediate. If all goes well, he'll probably do that class in the fall.

As for me, I'm still on the fence about going back to school. I just don't know if genetic counseling is what I want to do. I joke that if the lab tech thing doesn't work out and if I don't get accepted to a master's program, I could always just sell drugs (JUST KIDDING for any authorities who may be reading this). I kinda live in the ghetto part of OKC, so it would fit in well with my neighbors lol.

Well, for today and tomorrow at least, I am still in the fun lab. I am learning a new protocol, and therefore have to work in a different lab than my normal one. They are so much more laid-back here and friendly; I feel like I am in heaven. (Shhhhh....I even knit during the waiting periods of the protocol and they don't care!). Its great.

No comments: