Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration day

Today is a very emotional and historic day. I don't really know how to enunciate exactly what I'm feeling, so please forgive me if I'm a little rough around the edges (we'll blame this on my chart). I'm excited about the dawn of a new era for the US. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, although Bush certainly screwed up a lot of things, I think he was a good President. I voted for him, and I'm proud of that. But our nation needs Obama. Its evident when looking at all of the excitement and hope displayed by the ~2 million people in Washington this morning. I sincerely hope he can live up to most of the expectations and that he can turn our country around. I'm glad that someday I'll be able to say to my future kids that I remember this day, just like my mom can tell me she remembers MLK's march and other historic events.

In a later post, I'll show you why I'm so emotional. Its pretty freaking awesome actually (but not a BFP, so don't freak).

Oh, and Placerville, Ca? Did ya miss the last post? Guess so.

No comments: