Friday, February 4, 2011

Make It Work!

I was recently given the opportunity to test-knit a shawl pattern for Leslie of The Knitgirllls. I've never test-knit anything before, so I was a bit nervous. I think it turned out well though.


The shawl has quite a bit of stockinette and short rows, which makes it great for knitting while watching TV (Lost in my case) or reading (Harry Potter). While stockinette can sometimes be a boring brain suck, the short rows on this shawl are enough to keep it interesting.


The shawl finishes out with a knit-on edging. I wasn't able to read while knitting the edging, but I still found it addictive. It seemed that the repeats went quite quickly.

2 snow days really helped me out. I was able to finish the shawl in 12 hrs short of a week after starting it.

Ta-daaa! The pattern should be released around 2/10/11. I love the shawl. It's a quick easy knit. Many thanks to Leslie for letting me knit it. Make it work pattern link

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I really love it! And I love the yarn you used. The colors work well with the pattern.

Charmaine said...

What a pretty shawl!