Saturday, April 10, 2010

DFW Fiber fest

I drove down to Texas to stay at Gnome's house this weekend so that we could go to the DFW Fiber Fest together today. I promised DH that I'd only buy 1 skein of yarn at the festival. I technically kept that promise! I bought some beautiful Malabrigo sock yarn from the Shabby Sheep's booth:

DH didn't say I couldn't go anywhere else that sold yarn, so Gnome and I went down to the Woolie Ewe to look around. I did so well, right up until we were at the register. Then I fell down:

They're both Mochi Plus, and I have 1 skein of the pink one and 2 skeins of the blue/green one. Hey, it was a sale-buy 2, get one 1/2 off. I just couldn't let that go.

On a side note, WTH can't I find an issue of the Winter/Spring 2010 Knitscene? No one seems to have it. I want to knit the Geodesic cardigan, and the pattern is only available in the magazine. I could buy it from Interweave directly, but then I'd have to wait for it to come in the mail.


DragonSpice said...

Oooooh! Those are beautiful yarns. I'm very jealous. I'm glad you guys had fun :) Good luck finding that magazine/pattern!

Elaine said...

I love the yarn you got at the festival. It is a yummy looking purple!

mkinser said...

So you're looking for a copy of Winter/Spring 2010 Knitscene. Poor sprout-if only you had some knitting friends that buy those magazine.