Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stash building

I finally made some time to knit something for myself, and I happen to love it! This is the first of a pair of Augusta gloves knit in Tempted Luxe girl (cashmere ::gasp!::). I really really love it. There is one mistake in the gloves, and I'll have to debate about whether or not it is big enough or noticeable enough for me to fix it. I'll probably end up doing something to minimize it because a knitter can likely pick it out immediately. However, that does not detract from the loveliness of the fingerless glove:


While I may have conveniently used disliked stash yarn for gifts, that hasn't really stopped me from building up other aspects of my (growing) stash. Pretty much all I've bought lately is Tempted yarn, although I did buy some Del Sur for a hat and some Lang Jawoll and Araucania sock yarn for those stocking ornaments.

First up, the sock yarn. It's all Good Grrl. This is passion fruit:

Mocha that will eventually be DH's christmas socks (I haven't started and Christmas is 6 days away!):

Foliage that will be my next pair of socks for myself:

I won the progress pic portion of the Cables on your Chest KAL on the 3am enchantments board on Ravelry, and Keri sent me this freaking awesome and cute Petite KIP bag and Stacy sent some coordinating pink glam:


I need to get back to knitting. I have 4 pairs of Christmas socks to make, and only half of one sock done. Thankfully, the recipients are understanding since my 11 day vacation starts on Christmas eve. I'm ready for the holidays to be over.

1 comment:

Dragon said...

Those gloves look fantastic :) Best of luck with your deadline!