Monday, September 10, 2012

Scarfing along

I started a new scarf! The Cerus scarf is a lengthwise linen stitch scarf (not to be confused with linen yarn lol). I'm knitting it with my only skein of Anothercraftygirl's strong sock yarn, in the Hideous Zippleback colorway. I originally started it on August 14, but I made a mistake and knit the same row twice after about 6 rows, thus giving the scarf a border.


I had resigned myself to living with the error and planned on doing the same thing on the other side, but I decided that the scarf was too short at 411 stitches, and frogged it. The length issue was probably just a convenient excuse to get rid of the mistake.

I casted on again on 8-28-12, this time casting on 655 stitches. It took me two times to get enough tail for my twisted long tail cast on. I thought I had at least 600 stitches after the first time, but nope. I had exactly 411, again. It took me well over an hour just to cast on an adequate number of stitches.

Here it is, as of last Wednesday:


I've probably knit 4 or 5 rows since then, but this colorway is very difficult to photograph. I really love this scarf!

3 comments:

Megan said...

That is beautiful! I've never done linen stitch, but it looks so lovely that I probably should learn it.

biomaj5 said...

It's fairly easy: k1, sl wyif on the right side, k1, *p1, s1 wyib* until 1 st remains, k1, on the wrong side.

(I think. Double-check the pattern first because it's not in front of me right now.)

Dragon said...

That looks awesome!