Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008 Stolen from the magnificent Alliebooberz!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before?
I got married

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I probably didn't, since I can't remember if I made a new years resolution. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Define close; IRL, no. Nesties, yes.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but DH lost 2 family members (I didn't know them)

5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't leave the country. Got to see the grand canyon though.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
that's easy: a child and a house of our own (not sure the second one will happen)

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb. 29, 2008: FINALLY got married.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Its a toss-up between planning my entire wedding on less than $3000 or getting a big-girl job in the lab.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I try not to consider my lack of being pg as failure, but its the first thing that popped into my mind.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Um not really that I can remember.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our late honeymoon to the Grand Canyon?

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I don't have an answer for that one lol.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine actually. 

14. Where did most of your money go?
Lately the yarn stores have been sucking it out of me.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting married, starting TTC, being off for a week for Christmas...

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I guess "You're the one that I want" from Grease-we walked down the aisle to it after getting married.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier overall
b) thinner or fatter? about the same
c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
relaxing

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
stressing

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Went to the ILs as normal. Went to my Mom's on the 26th.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I've fallen more in love with him

23. What concerts did you attend this year?
Tuskahoma: a few country ones that I dont' really remember, and Third Day

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Dexter

25. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
I dislike the same people I disliked then more now.

26. What was the best book you read?
Knitting books! Stitch N Bitch, and a few books by the yarn harlot (all hilarious)

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
that I miss playing the drums and that I should have tried harder to become a pro musician

28. What did you want and get?
I wanted to get married and start TTC, and I got both. I also wanted more friends, and got those too. I also got contact with my Dad's family.

29. What did you want and not get?
a pregnancy

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
IDK

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 on Oct 14. Had to work. I don't think we did much of anything.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time with mike, a less stressful job, and getting pregnant

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
a few efforts to look better; all have failed miserably except for the haircut I got yesterday. I can honestly say its the first one I've ever really liked.

34. What kept you sane?
My husband, my best friend, and talking with my online friends.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm a huge fan of Julia Stiles, but I didn't see her much. :(

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
That would be the election.

37. Who did you miss?
My husband for the summer, and I wish my best friend lived closer. I missed my dog a lot too-she died in Oct. 07 at the age of 12. I still dream about her all the time.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My knitting friends IRL; there are a few nesties that stick out in my mind too.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Although I'm not an active Christian, its becoming more and more apparent that God is watching over me despite my best efforts to hide. 

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Of course, now would be the time when I can't think of any songs.

No comments: